roun dup pt2

(Nothing over $3)

It is weird to think this is 11 years old now. Y2K hip-hop, the last of the "underground". A little reminder of what 'Hip Hop Is'/ was.

If i was paying more attention i would have had this album already. How many Herb Alpert albums i've flipped passed in the past without a second thought would be in 100s. From start to finish its a winner. Same goes for this particular track.

This is another horny guy. nice breaks and some smooth jazzy listening for your M.F'n ear.

Dave Dee, Dozy, Bea.. I can't be bothered typing these guys redick name out. Dave should've gone solo.
Don't matter if recs from this era are a little scratched up. It suits that ol timey sound.

Little 7" EP of this club banger.

I have a 'best of' compilation of William Bell. But albums are where the magic happens.

Woman To Woman. Too easy to have sampled this and make a winner. The real challenge is turning nothing into something. Woman To Woman is already quite something.

Quincy Jones. G.O.A.T.

Why this mint condition (not this image) double LP was sitting in the sales pile I'll never know. I was laughing.

I'm stocking up on comedy gold for the hard times ahead. It'll bring joy when the dollar aint worth shit.

I know what you're thinking. "Where's the 80s garbage?"

Shelia E is the female equivalent to Prince. No wait, Prince is the female equivalent to Prince. Shelia E is his protégée. This album was made at the same time as 'Sign O' The Times' and in the same studio.

And that concludes the roun dup.

3 comments:

  1. Did I miss roun dup pt.1?
    Where have you been shopping? I've got to leave the house more often.
    I too have flicked past Herb Alpert. Especially this album. I will pick me up a copy next time I am on the town.
    The only William Bell I have is I Forgot To be Your Lover from 1968. Nice tune. Only mp3 but.
    Smackwater Jack is one of my all time favorites. He is the king of the arrangers - love his Ironside, Theme from the Anderson Tapes, What's Going On (of course). But also his guitar history lesson in Guitar Blues Odyssey: from Roots to Fruits.
    Speaking of Ironside I came across this great version from the Electro Keyboard Orchestra (listen here http://youtu.be/vH07I5bSsig)listening to my ipod. So many hidden gems. Thanks technolgy (and my not very good memory).

    ReplyDelete
  2. roun dup pt1 one was just called 'roun dup' heh.
    the herb alpert is a must have. hey Pies do you know who the producer was that flipped that herb track for Biggie?

    Crispy, You put me on to smackwater jack. his 'what's going on' is so great. i had another compilation of Quincys with 'what's going on' but it was an edited version that cut out before the best bit.
    Man that electro keyboard orchestra look and sound so great! wonder what the chances of finding their albums are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah also. i think that joe cocker has two different covers, depending on where it was pressed maybe.

    ReplyDelete