Four Crates: Episode Two

Morning.

More records to go through - some good finds in here.

The Alan Parsons Project - I-Robot

I have doubles of this but never really listened to it. I thought that in order to justify having doubles I better make a beat. Just something simple:




Scott Walker - Scott 2

This record is weird. Obviously it's been too a few parties because it's in pretty bad nick. Either way, I wanted to keep it so I made these beats:








Ronnie Aldrich - Melody and Percussion for Two Pianos

If you ever see this, pick it up. I highly recommend it. I used this one 22 22's so no need to justify keeping it.

Tamburlaine - Rebirth

My cousin was getting rid of this so I picked it up. Full of great tunes, great samples and 70's hippy singing. I didn't realise at the time but this is a New Zealand record. Pretty funky there fellas. I've used this on 'Giant One', off the FAR OUT zine, which you can hear here:




The Polyphonics - Zounds! What Sounds

I originally picked this up for the pyschos on the cover. Upon listening, it's pretty hit and miss. If you like cheeseball harmonica then you'll love it. The cover art and the design is just so good, so I made this beat out of it so I could keep it:




Paul Mauriat - Greatest Hits

Trying very hard not to just keep stuff for the cover. With this record it was hard. But, I managed to get two beats out of it so now I'm safe.








See you next time.

2 comments:

  1. I likes the look of that I-Robot one.
    cool way to explore records with the beats and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly reccommend I-Robot. I buy every Alan Parsons Project record in the hopes is has one particular track I'm looking for.

    Yeah, having fun with the beats. Even learnt some new tricks on the MPC.

    ReplyDelete